Sunday, August 29, 2021

Want to get to know me?

In case you are interested in getting to know the writer of this blog a little better, here is a little Q&A:

What do you like to do in your free time?

A few years ago I rediscovered my love for hiking, and these days I head to the mountains any time I have free time.  I also enjoy downhill skiing (actually, anything with the word ski in it), mountain biking (I don't really enjoy riding on the road), golf, tennis and card games.

What is your favorite book?

I think my favorite book is the "Beyonders" series by Brandon Mull.  I absolutely love the characters (Ferrin, Drake, Rachel, ...) but what I love most about this is the way it makes me think about faith and doubt.  How do we decide who to believe in the midst of uncertainty? How do we react when that faith seems to be leading us to a terrible end?

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

I haven't met very many ice creams that I didn't like, but my favorite ice cream is actually a frozen custard: Culvers Mint Oreo is my favorite, and Oreo Overload or Heath Bar are probably close seconds.

What is your favorite movie?

 I think my favorite movie is "Life is Beautiful," but only if you watch it in Italian with English subtitles -the experience is so unique and it has a great message.  But I also love anything Star Wars, the Marvel movies, just about any action movie and more Rom-Com than I should confess to :).

No comments:

Post a Comment